|Department: DD Services||Job Status: Full Time|
|FLSA Status: Exempt||Reports To: Program Manager|
|Grade/Level:||Amount of Travel Required: local travel, as needed|
|Work Schedule:||Positions Supervised:|
|Varied shifts, as assigned, cover all shift on your case load||Habilitation Specialists|
The purpose of this classification is to direct staff and manage daily operations of agency’s DD supported living residences, and ensure that contracted services are provided on a continuous basis. Individuals in this classification manage 1-2 sites, and up to six clients. Staffing levels of supervision range from 15-20 direct reports.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Provide direct services to facility residential clients (e.g., ICF-DD, Supported Living) (e.g., assist client(s) with completion of various programming needs & requirements (e.g., monitoring and passing medication(s), client assigned house chores, meal preparation), personal care needs (e.g., proper dress, hygiene), & documenting clients’ cooperation, activities, behavior issues; ensure health & safety of clients is maintained in accordance with delegated nursing guidelines.
- Monitor facility (inside &outside perimeter) on a routine basis to ensure safety of clients, staff & the community at-large; ensure clients conduct themselves as directed while in the community &/or other public establishments; maintain client schedule to account for whereabouts of all clients at all times; performs routine coverage duties (e.g., maintains logs, files, activity records, MAR and client safety checks).
- Meet with program staff, clients, regarding specific cases (e.g., individualized service plan); track client activity in order to ensure information is accurate, consistent & maintained in the proper location & format in accordance with established laws, rules, policies & procedures; receives telephone inquiries from public, clients’ family members, probation/parole authorities regarding procedures, rules & guidelines & refers to authorized staff; sorts, distributes mail.
- Supervise staff to ensure compliance with program requirements. Provide administrative quality assurance checks to ensure the house is operating according to provide guidance. Set staff schedules & accomplish other administrative tasks, related to the home, as necessary.
- Supervise & coordinate activities of shift staff (e.g., prepares & revises work schedules & assignments according to workloads, productivity expectations); participate in interview & selection process & recommends disciplinary action when appropriate; conducts performance evaluations; approves/denies leave requests when appropriate; trains new employees.
- Attend & participate in internal & external meetings as client’s agency representative (e.g., individual service plan meetings, behavior support review meetings, vocational meetings)
- Interface with client service team members regarding changes in services or needs, reporting of MUI/UI’s, court appearances, medical appointments, etc.
- Other related duties, assigned (e.g., attend in-service training programs, external professional development training; serve as DD Services Manager- On-Call (MOC), as assigned, including providing coverage to ensure appropriate staffing levels).
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: One to two years related experience
|Job Category||Home Managers, Support Staff|